r those of us who have that "sweet tooth," this delicious cookie cake is moist & thick. You bake this gem right in the oven using your favorite cornbread skillet. The cast iron skillet is perfect for making a delicious moist cookie cake. This cookie cake would make a perfect birthday treat for that cookie cake lover. It is loaded with chocolate chips and has caramel sauce to give it that moist delicious middle!
- 1 cup Butter (softened) or two sticks (softened) unsalted
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups White Lilly All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of Cream of Tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons of Caramel Sauce
- 3/4 cup Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 10-12 inch cast iron skillet
- In Mixer: Mix softened butter, sugars until combined. Fold in eggs and continue mixing. Add in vanilla.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, salt and cream of tartar.
- Mix in Caramel Sauce.
- Mix in chocolate and stir to combine.
- Spoon batter evenly throughout cast iron skillet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden brown. *The inside will still be slightly gooey and that's the way it's meant to be. If the edges get too brown, Place some foil over edges. The smaller the pan, the thicker the dough which means a longer cooking time.
- Let cool and slice and serve.