I am so excited to share this wonderful Keto recipe from my friend Maddison Couture. She has a beautiful site where she and Braden share wonderful recipes together. They have lots of Keto and other nutritional recipes, along with lifestyle posts! Be sure and check them out at: That Blogging Couple
Who doesn't love a good pie? Especially, when it saves us a little calories!
Here is one of their good "summer" pie recipes, and it is KETO! #winwin. My sister and some others were wanting me to share some Keto recipes. I am glad to collaborate with That Blogging Couple to bring some of them to you!
Keto Lemon Meringue Pie
Lemon meringue pie was always one of my favorite desserts growing up, mainly
because of the amazing tart and sweet combination. As I grew older and my family
decided to do the Keto diet, I had to adapt my classic recipe to fit a Keto crowd.
This recipe is perfect for summer and is one you can bring to any family get together
and be the star of the show—next to the lemon meringue pie, of course. On top of this
recipe being downright delicious, it is only 2.9 net carbs per slice (you get 8 slices per
pie) and 230 calories, making it a guilt-free dessert option.
Pecan Pie Crust (pre-made or homemade)
- 1 Cup Confectioners Swerve
- 1 Cup water
- Zest of 1 Medium Lemon
- ½ Cup Lemon Juice
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 3 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- ½ tsp Xanthan Gum
- ¼ tsp Cream of Tartar
- ½ Cup Confectioners Swerve
- 4 Egg Whites at Room Temp.
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Separate egg yolks and whites into two separate mixing bowls
3. In a medium pot, combine Swerve, water, and lemon and bring to a steady boil
4. Once boiling, remove from heat and let it get moderately cool
5. Once cool, add in egg yolks very slowly then return to medium heat
6. Allow to simmer for roughly 4 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken
7. Add 1 tbsp of butter at a time to the pot and let melt before adding another tbsp
8. Whisk in lemon juice and xanthan gum and once dissolved, add to pie crust
9. In your separate bowl of egg whites, add your cream of tartar
10. Beat with whisk or hand mixer until stick peaks form
11. Once stiff peaks
Download our first On-Line Magazine
Popular Blog Post:
Fight off Wrinkles
Avocado OIl Benefits
Southern Connections - A Smidge of South
Cake By Emily
Hospitality is Alive -
Meet Newk's Eatery
The Rehearsal Dinner
The Art of Giving
Disclosure: Sweet Yellow Cornbread is a participant in the affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees and be compensated for products purchased or reviewed by the Affiliate Links included on this page or site.